Our exciting Children's Program participates in the
Orange 252 basics program.
The goal of this program is bring the red love of your family with the yellow light of Christ to create an Orange Environment where your children learn.
We use the secure, closed-group email/text service from Remind.com to communicate with you regarding your child's class.
Please use the following links to sign up or contact Pam Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Confirmation Class (6th grade) Information Distribution List-
or text @gscc2016 to 81010
GenKid (4th & 5th grade) Information Distribution List-
or text @genkid to 81010
Our Children's Programs
At Good Shepherd Church, our children are important to us. All our volunteers are annually trained in Child Abuse Prevention [CAP], so we can provide a safe environment in a loving atmosphere.
Good Shepherd is pleased to offer the Orange First Look program for our Infants [ages 0-2] & Trec Tots. [Preschool children ages 3 – 5]. Infants are lovingly cared for in a nursery/cry room immediately outside the lower sanctuary. Trec Tots are in the Yellow Room located next to the refreshment tables.
Before the worship service times [9:15 and 10:45], kids in grades K-3rd are dropped off in the Blue Room for J.A.M. Time [Jesus And Me]. After a couple songs and a message, children travel with their teachers upstairs to TREC Town. During worship or during the week, there is a place for your kids to be safe, learn and grow in their faith.
We call our children's education wing "TREC Town." [TREC stands for "Taking Risks, Experiencing Christ]. It is a festively-decorated wing of our campus where we offer an age-appropriate education program, using the Orange Curriculum 252 Basics.
Our 4th & 5th graders partake in a pre-teen ministry called "Generation Kid". They meet weekly during our 9:15 or 10:45 worship times. These two years are more biblically focused, with real world tween applications.
The Orange Program
We combine the red love of your family with the yellow light of Christ to create an Orange Environment where your children learn:
3 Core Truths:
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
We show them that:
- The bible is a source of wisdom and truth.
- What they learn applies to their daily lives.
- Relationships with small group leaders and friends matter.
Luke 2:52 "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man."
We are an age-appropriate, rotational education program which reinforces lessons from the current sermon series, or the seasons of the church calendar year.
- Infants and toddlers [age 0 – 3 yrs] attend a nursery/cry room with windows that look out into the back of the sanctuary.
- Preschool children [age 3 – 5] have their own room and lesson plan and meet on the lower level, close to the sanctuary.
- Trec Town [grades K-3] have their own wing upstairs and meet during each service for their Sunday School lessons.
- Generation Kid [grades 4-5] meet in Room 123 during each service for age appropriate (tween) Sunday School lessons.
- Generation Confirmation [grade 6] meet in Room 124 during 2nd Service only for lessons designed to prepare them to make their Confirmation in May.
See you Sunday!
6th Grade Confirmation and Beyond
Our 6th graders meet during 2nd service (10:45am) for "Generation Confirmation". This is a year long preparatory class, ending in the May Confirmation Ceremony. Our 6th graders also enjoy "Wednesday Worship" during the school year. We meet on campus each Wednesday at 6:30pm for games, snack and small group discussion. (Please note: Participation in the Confirmation Ceremony in May is optional. Children are not required to make their Confirmation. While we encourage all of our 6th graders to attend the classes we respect each family's personal decision regarding participation in the year end Ceremony)
At the completion of their 6th grade school year, students graduate into our student program called "Generation Change". Check our Youth Page for more information on this great program!
Our students are from every surrounding school district: Harvest, Limestone, Athens, Madison County, Madison City, and Huntsville.